These are delish! They actually taste like cheeseburgers. A bread base, mince meat filling, topped with mozzarella, garnished with sauce, gherkins and lettuce.
This mix made 12 cups and this is based on this Cheeseburger Minis recipe.
- 500g of beef mince
- a couple of garlic cloves
- 1 beef stock cube
- tomato paste
- sliced wholemeal bread (1 slice per muffin)
- mozzarella cheese (or cheddar)
- tomato sauce
- some gherkins, sliced
- some lettuce, shredded
Set oven to 180.
1. Fry off the garlic and add the mince. As it starts to brown, stir in the stock cube and tomato paste. Keep stirring and breaking up the pieces until all cooked through.
2. Cut large circles of bread (bigger than your muffin tin) and place in the muffin tin.
3. Fill bread with mince mixture and place in the oven. After about 5 minutes, place the cheese on top and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
4. Serve with a dollop of sauce, sliced gherkins and shredded lettuce.
They were such a hit with the little ones, I think they might become a lunchbox fave since they hold together so well for little hands. Just put the sauce in a mini squeezy bottle (Daiso have great ones) and have the greens on the side. It would also be super easy to make the mix go further by adding some veggies, such as eggplant, tomatoes and zucchini. Further experimentation required!!