An update on our BLW journey… the little one continues to eat like a horse. She likes to wow people by showing them how many bananas and strawberries she can eat.
New foods we have tried and loved in the last two months:
- blueberries (I cut them in half – not sure whether that was necessary or not, I just followed my instinct)
- shepherd’s pie
- chickpea curry with rice (this disappeared SUPER fast)
- french toast (made with homemade bread, lovely eggs and homemade organic soy milk)
Things Mummy has learnt in the last two months:
- Gerber baby snacks are FULL of sugar. Happy Baby ones aren’t. Go Happy Baby!
- Homemade bread crusts can be super crunchy on little gums. Ouch.
- Buying an extra washable cover for the high chair was super smart.
- IKEA bibs (the smock kind) rock my world.
The most amazing thing that happened in our BLW world was that the first time I gave Adella yoghurt I spoon fed her (first time for spoon feeding) and the second time, she fed herself. She picked up the idea of dipping a spoon into the yoghurt and putting it into her mouth second time around! So incredible to watch.
She is also so careful with new foods – it’s really cute to watch. Anything new will be brought slowly up to her lips and she’ll press it against her lips and decide whether or not it has potential. And it pretty much always gets eaten, it just sometimes takes a little time and consideration…